Pharmacy’s Personal Essay:
1) Talk about myself: I’m Vietnamese and I came to the US 8 years ago. I come from a family where none of my family members graduate from college or university. My sister is a nursing student at Chamberlain College of Nursing. We both work really hard to achieve the same goal which is becoming the first generation of our family to graduate from college
I will only talk about myself. The other areas below, I will let you write for myself. The school committee will read this essay so I want you to write a very strong response that can catch attention to them. You have to state why I would be a strong candidate for admission.
2) Your Personal Essay should address why you selected pharmacy as a career and how the Doctor of Pharmacy degree relates to your immediate and long-term professional goals.
3) Describe how you’re personal, educational, and professional background will help you achieve your goals. The personal essay is an important part of your application for admission and provides you with an opportunity for you to clearly and effectively express your ideas.
4) What is special, unique, distinctive, or impressive about your life story? Do you have notable accomplishments? Have you traveled the world? Do you volunteer to work with patients at a local hospital? Do you currently work in a pharmacy (I volunteer at local Walgreen Pharmacy for the 9 months. I also volunteer at the North Cypress Medical Center of Pharmacy Department)
5) What skills/characteristics do you possess—leadership, perseverance, enthusiasm, integrity, etc. that will allow you to be successful?
6) Why should the admissions committee be interested in you in particular? Again, brainstorm some ideas. Past academic excellence? Job-related experience? Personal experience?